Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:30:48 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Claus Assmann <freebsd+stable@esmtp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Keyboard NCD N-123UX doesn't work with 4.x?

>My NCD keyboard N-123UX doesn't seem to work with FreeBSD 4.2 and
>FreeBSD 4.4-RC on two PCs and one laptop. It works fine with FreeBSD
>3.2 and OpenBSD 2.9-current (two machines are dual boot: one 3.2
>and 4.2, the other 4.4-RC and OpenBSD-current, so it shouldn't be
>a hardware problem).  No key is echoed at the Login: prompt after
>the machine boots up with 4.x (at least for those two versions I
>have available).  Here's the dmesg part from one of the machines:
>
>atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
>atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
>
>Any idea how I can get the keyboard working with 4.x?

Hmm, strange...

Please add the following line to your kernel configuration file
for 4.2 and 4.4-RC, and rebuild the kernel.

options         KBDIO_DEBUG=2

When starting the new kernel, enter "boot -v" at the loader
prompt (I expect the keyboard is working before the kernel
is started). Then, send me entire dmesg output.

Thank you.
Kazu