Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 05:18:15 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   1.3.1 patchset 8

Hi all,

Patchset 8 for JDK 1.3.1 is up on the web site.  The main highlights are:

1. A number of bug fixes.  These contribute to both stability and
   compliance.
2. Experimental plugin support for NetBSD.
3. A larger set of font property files.

See THANKS and ChangeLog in the patchset for more information.

Note that this release _doesn't_ feature two recent enhancements that have
been posted to the freebsd-java list:

. Max Khon's updated native threads.
. Munehiro Matsuda-san's patches for HotSpot compilation.

This is purely a timing issue (I was into the release cycle already when
these were posted).  I update the port with them as soon as time permits.

An update for the FreeBSD port/java/jdk13 port will be committed shortly.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org