Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:44:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tom Mullaney <tpm@jovian.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
Subject:   ports

After installing all the standard distributions under 2.2.6 and the ports,
I am still missing things like tcsh, pine, etc. (which is ok cause the
'The Complete FreeBSD' book tells me to read chapter 7).

I take it all the software I could want to start out with is in
/usr/ports.  To build and install everything (if I have enough room in
/usr...which I have 4GB) I would simply type make, then make install?

Also what is the difference from installing the ports and installing the
additional packages during the installation program?  The install program
takes like HOURS.

--
Tom Mullaney <tpm@jovian.net>                 Jovian Networks, LLC
nic: TM6112                                   Townsend, MA 01469-1182