Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:22:35 -0600
From:      "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
To:        "Charlie Root" <root@takiweb.yi.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pissed!!!

Hi,

You may want to change your tone a bit. There are some very knowledgable
people on this list who are willing to help you, but they are also
volunteers and don't take kindly to rude postings.

Now then, I too had some problems when I setup FreeBSD for the first time.
In order to help with your problem we need to know a little more
information. For instance, does the monitor seem to go into powersave mode?
Have you tried different Xfree settings? Have you checked the output of the
dmesg command to see if there was anything strange?

Victor Cardona