Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:55:29 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Jacob Frelinger <jacob.frelinger@duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: odd regression in the linux emulator.

On Wed Jan 26 11, Jacob Frelinger wrote:
> sometime between September 15 and December 15 something in the
> linuxulator changed and cause make in my chrooted linux_dist environment
> to stop working.  All attempts to run make now die with "make: *** wait:
> Bad address.  Stop." and an exit status of 2.  A newly built gnu make
> also does that same thing, so I don't think it's a make problem.  Google
> doesn't seem to offer any useful advice.  I'm kind of at a loss of how
> to go about debugging this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

could you provide the output of 'pkg_info -E linux_dist\*' please?

thanks.
alex

btw: i also experience the problem. newer versions of linux_dist come with
linux binaries that make heavy use of futextes (even 'ls'). you should see
a lot of futex warnings in 'dmesg -a'.

i believe the issue is with FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET. since it isn't that different
from FUTEX_WAIT (which is already implemented), i've started to implement it.
however i don't have a lot of time atm unfortunately.

--
a13x