Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:16:21 +0100
From:      Eric Brasseur <eric.brasseur@softhome.net>
To:        trevor@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: netscape7-7.0

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 4.7 on a Pentium machine and I have a big problem with=20
Netscape 7:

At startup it keeps telling me current profile is in use and I should cre=
ate=20
another one. If I do so, I can use that new profile once then the problem=
=20
starts again.

I tried every trick I could think off :

- Kill every netscape or mozilla job.

- Restart the computer.

- Erase the /root/.mozilla directory. Netscape 7 keeps reminding every pr=
ofile=20
declared.

- Hide away my entire /root directory and create another one. Again Netsc=
ape 7=20
keeps reminding every profile declared.

- deinstall and install back again fromout the /usr/ports/www/netscape7=20
directory.

- Search for occurences of the profile names inside the files of director=
ies=20
/etc, /root and /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape7-english. It yields nothing=
=2E

I'm quite anoyed because Mozilla does no more work either. If I type the=20
command "mozilla" inside a terminal windows simply nothing happens. I jus=
t=20
get the prompt back after a second. For Mozilla too I tried out every=20
possible trick, even installing the latest 1.2b version.

Sincerely.

Eric Brasseur