Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:18:47 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Deepu Sebastian Joseph <dsj@engunx.unl.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Swap Space

Deepu Sebastian Joseph wrote:

> I see that I might be just able to squeeze with:
> / 20 MB
> swap 20 MB
> /usr 80 MB
> /var 4 MB
> Its given some where /+/usr should be 100MB.

why not just

/ 104MB
swap 20MB

? It will warn that having separate /, /usr and /var is a good idea, but
it won't insist that you make them separate. I've recently installed
FreeBSD on a machine with a small disk (400MB), and I just used
something like 30 for swap, 380 for "/". On my machine "/" is a separate
filesystem, but if you've got so little space it probably won't hurt to
stick them all on one filesystem.

Perhaps someone can tell me why my method is a bad idea, if it is.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key