Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 02:29:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Stein <joes@seaport.net>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recompiling all distfiles?

> I can't think of a good way to do this, but if you just want to
> recompile several ports, you can make a file called "makefile" (note
> lowercase `m') in /usr/ports that looks like this.

I can... It would require a change to the core of the make system, however.

Parse /var/db/pkg... While that would rebuild all installed ports, (possibly
re-fetching the old ones), it may work a little bit better.  (Besides, most
people probably don't clean /usr/ports/distfiles that often anyway... but
that's an overgeneralization.)

joe