Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 1997 02:14:37 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp18.tar.gz

Well, if you can hack the kernel using adb you must certainly can
fix ad848_open and guswave_open unless you have a really
strong preferance to hex and assembly and absolutly hate C.

Again, guspnp18 handles the busy flag condition correctly.

	Amancio

>From The Desk Of Dave Hayes :
> Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> writes:
> > There is no easy to get out of the busy state .
>
> Can I use adb and a kernel memory address, for instance? ;)
>
> > You can try out guspnp18 if you like or grab the bits of code from
> > guspnp18 .
>
> I'd like to except for the claims that VAT output is bad on it.
>
> > Also, guspnp6 had a problem with handling signals which can cause a
> > system to "halt".
>
> Argh! A rock and a hard place. ;)

Yeap, not an easy choice ...

> > As for mpeg3 I have an mpeg encoder can't promise you anything
> > however I am working on it . Should be interesting if I managed to
> > pull this one off since it will give us low cost high-end codec from
> > what I recollect mpeg3 is the same quality as realaudio's high end
> > codec.
>
> Someone ought to make a plug-n-play codec module for VAT so that
> you only have to write the multicast code once...

I don't intent to write multicast code -- at least I am hoping that
I  would not have to and yes I know vat ...

	Amancio