Date:      Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:04:19 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: JBoss4 installation weirdness

Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:01:11PM +0200, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
>>As I found out the hard way today, jboss4 installs different things
>>depending on whether it is being built using jdk14 or jdk15. In the
>>latter case you get EJB3 stuff that (unfortunately for me) include old
>>versions of commons-stuff which may create conflicts with a deployed
>>app, thanks to the funky jboss classloader architecture.
>

> Have you tried tweaking the config for conf/jboss-service.xml and
> deploy/ear-deployer.xml as described in:
>
>     http://docs.jboss.com/jbossas/whatsnew40/html/
>
> See if this fixes your class-loading problems.
>
> Cheers.

Thanks, this seems to fix my class-loading issues (although such a
workaround didn't use to work on jboss3). So if the problem with the
startup script (hardcoded jdk path in the executable) gets resolved, we
can keep building the ejb3, aop, annotations, etc. stuff if the proper
jdk is used when building. It's almost like having your cake and eating
it too :-)

Thanks,
Panagiotis