Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 15:49:50 -0000 (GMT)
From:      krispyos@ix.netcom.com
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Printers for Freebsd

On 03-May-99 Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
> On 02-May-99 krispyos@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'm looking in to buying a new printer for my freebsd system at home.
>> However, I'm not familiar with printers that freebsd supports and could
>> use some advice on what type to get. It must be color and within the
>> 200$ price range.
>
> try to see if it supports Postscript natively, saves a tonload of hell ;)
>
> ---
> Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven                asmodai(at)wxs.nl

Actually I found support for my current printer thanks to the help of a friend
who saw one of my postings on this list several months ago. I currently have a
HP deskjet 712c printer which uses the new PPA protocol. He found a website,
http://www.httptech.com/ppa, that has software which allows me to talk to the
printer. Although color is not currently supported it is in the works.

Thanks for all the help,

Justin