Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:53:33 -0400
From:      Adam Kujawski - Amplex Support <adamkuj@amplex.net>
To:        Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHP 4.2.2

PHP 4.2.x has a new security feature that stops you from being able to
create global variables on the fly. I think this might be your problem. You
can read about it at http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/758

You can revert to the old behaviour by setting 'register_globals = on' in
php.ini.

-Adam

At 04:34 PM 7/29/2002, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've upgrade my ports by cvsup and I've installed mod_php4-4.2.2. After
>that I've got a big problem, all pages which get values for variables from
>html pages using GET method don't work.
>
>Example:
>
>http://www.foo.com/teste.php?id=1
>
>where teste.php is:
>
><?php echo 'ID: '.$id.'
>
>'; ?>
>
>Now $id is always empty.
>
>Is there any change here?
>
>Thanks,
>Paulo.
>
>--
>    __O
>  _-\<,_     Why drive when you can bike?
>(_)/ (_)

      Adam Kujawski                      adamkuj@amplex.net
      Network Administrator              Cell: 419.261.3268
      Amplex Internet Services           Office: 419.720.3635