Date:      Thu, 22 May 2003 22:05:42 +0200
From:      Etienne Ledoux <etienne@unix.za.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   migrating users from an exchange server to a unix mailserver.

Greetings,

I'm busy with project which involves merging different mail servers with
differnet setups *transparently* into one "beeg" mail enviroment. One of
the problems I am currently facing is merging a MS exchange server with=20
thousands of users authenticating using domain\username as their username=
=2E

So far I'm considering using postfix + mysql + courier-imap + vmailadmin.
I've based my setup on the following guides.

- http://www.probsd.net/vmail/
- http://www.marlow.dk/postfix/

But it gets a little tricky with the merge of the exchange server.

- Is it possible to authenticate exchange type usernames ( domain\usernam=
e )
in a unix mail enviroment. If so what should I use etc.
- I would like to do this and still keep the user info in the mysql db, t=
his
will eventually be linked to the rest of the customer db with billing inf=
etc. which is also kept in a mysql db.

Any hints ?
Has anybody else done something similar, maybe my setup is wrong for this
 kind
of thing and I should be looking at something else ?

Any help will be appreciated.

I've tried adding an account with domain\username into the mysql db but i=
doesn't seem to be able to authenticate with courier-pop3/imap.

e.