Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:53:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Christopher Palmer <cpalmer@jig.ordway.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FS sizes for a small web/mail server?

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Greg Lehey wrote:

> You apparently missed the beginning of this thread.  I strongly
> discouraged (and discourage) the use of small additional file systems.

I didn't miss the beginning of the thread. I just disagree with you. :^)

> You're bound to find that you fill one up and have space left over in
> another, and before you know it you're going to end up with a symlink
> jungle.

Perhaps in some cases. But in this case, we're talking about a /var that
is ~10MB. This is not likely to hurt the bigger filesystems.

Quotas are one way to do it. but I like physical constraints more than
software constraints.

Christopher Palmer
Assistant Systems Administrator, Ordway Music Theatre
cpalmer@jig.ordway.org