Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:35:46 -0800
From:      Wayne Scott <wscott@ichips.intel.com>
To:        michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arp and async problems

> I have two problems with -stable as it is today ..
>
> i) with whatever recently changed in the arp code, I now get a stream of
> error messages every 30 seconds when gated wants to advertise routes.
>
> Each one relates to an alias on the same ethernet card, e.g. ..
>
> arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
> arplookup 202.12.127.<pick-an-alias> failed: could not allocate llinfo
>
>  .. considering how many aliases this machine has, it'll fill the disk
> before morning :-(

I have also seen a very similar problem, but I am not doing anything strange
with aliases.

I get the "arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo" whenever I try to mount a NFS
disk.

This is with a plain system running the -stable release from yesterday.
Reverting to 2.1 fixes the problem.

System:
	Pentium Pro 200/256k
	DEC 21040 based ethernet card (Cogent)

Wayne Scott		        P6 Architecture
wscott@ichips.intel.com		Work #: (503) 264-4165
Disclaimer:  All views expressed are my own opinions, and not necessarily
             those of Intel Corporation.