Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:08:57 -0500
From:      "Isaac Waldron" <isaac.waldron@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.2-PRE, AGP X800, and Modular Xorg == No DRI?

Starting from a fresh install of 6.1-RELEASE on a machine with an ATI
Radeon X800 All-in-Wonder, I built a new kernel and then installed
modular Xorg based on the instructions at
http://wikitest.freebsd.org/ModularXorg.  I left out the steps for
deleting/uninstalling packages because I didn't have any X
distribution installed.  As expected, Xorg -configure hung the display
(though the machine was still up as I was able to eventually get it
rebooted safely), so I used xorgconfigure to create an xorg.conf file.
 Everything seems to work fine with the exception that direct
rendering is disabled.  This same machine worked fine with Xorg 6.9
from the regular ports tree, but I was interested in modular Xorg for
the possibility of limited 3D acceleration support for newer Radeons.

I have since rebuilt world to 6.2-PRERELEASE as of yesterday, and
direct rendering is still disabled.  dmesg is reporting that agp and
drm are detecting my card.  Has anyone successfully gotten this
combination working with DRI?  If so, what tricks did you use?

A collection of relevant configuration and other files is available at
http://ijw.homeunix.net/~isaac/conf/

Thank you,
Isaac