Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 11:55:59 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
Cc:        Haifeng <haifeng@ms.lawton.com.cn>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limit the user to use telnet

you can set the shell of the user
/usr/bin/passwd
then they will get the pasword command only!
or you can set it to
/usr/local/bin/pine
for them to get pine command...
well also you can make a simple menu system...
and put into /usr/local/bin
/usr/local/bin/menu
then you can put the user to have choices
but be careful that the user is not able to
drop to shell with any commands :)

also you can make a web interface for changing passwords
(we have one here)
then you can restrict users from telnet at all

any questions?

| Name  : Evren Yurtesen - yurtesen@ispro.net.tr         |
| S-mail: Mithatpasa Cad. No:1079/13 35290  Guzelyali    |
| Home:+90-232-2857604 Work:+90-232-2463992 Izmir/TURKEY |