Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 13:20:50 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adding Jaz drive with sysinstall

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I managed to create a FreeBSD partition using sysinstall's custom install.
> > But sysinstall wouldn't label it.  After 'W'ing the partition changes and
> > entering the label screen I kept getting a "You must partition the disk"
> > error when trying to Write the label.
>
> Ah, I think I just found and smashed that one - thanks for making me look
> again.. :-)

Cool.  One more observation.  When I want to add a new drive the label
option insists in making /, /usr/, and swap if I only have the new drive
selected.

Are you supposed to select all the drives and existing partitions when you
use sysinstall to label?  I guess it needs some way of differentiating
between a new installation and a change of configuration.

mike hancock