Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:09:01 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mac <mac@ngo.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    /root mysteriously empty

Hi all,

	Came in this morning to my 3.2-RELEASE box and found /root
utterly empty.

Not even a '.cshrc' or '.profile' to be found.

I'd been doing a little development work in there (a couple of minor
shell scripts) if that makes any difference.

The machine's not been rebooted since Wednesday last week and the work
I'd done was definately there on Friday.

The machine's not networked (not even got a Network Card), there's no
serail or parallel port connection, and the office is locked over the
weekend (and it's clear that the console is in exactly the state I left
it).

Upon investigation ('crontab -l') there appears to be a cron job thus:-

	0  9  *  *  *  find . -mtime +1 | xargs rm

which I guess is the cause.  Any ideas what it's doing here?

                       Mac