Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:37:50 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still can't get color in xterm properly.

> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:00:02 +0000
> From: Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk>
> To: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
> Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Still can't get color in xterm properly.

    Please take care to create proper attributions. The text below
    was written by Thomas Dickey, not me.

> On 15 Jan 2002, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Usually (except of course the suggestions which are secondhand or worse)
> > the suggestion is based on the fact that FreeBSD doesn't install a termcap
> > entry for anything more appropriate.

    <snip>

> Thanks for this info. For the moment I'll probably stick with aterm,
> which does work; the termcap stuff may be best left for a later day.

    Well, I got color in xterm, aterm, and rxvt. All required me to tell
    them to look for the xterm-color entry (via the .Xdefaults hack).

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
11:33AM up 2 days, 15:30, 18 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.05, 0.01