Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:09:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmcia ed0 driver/Thinkpad question

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Warren Block wrote:
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:10:44 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
>
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, John Bleichert wrote:
>
> > Also, when the NIC is inserted, the opsys attaches it to an interface at
> > ed1 - I was expecting ed0 since there are no other ed-type NICs in the box
> > - any reason why it's skipping ed0? Or is this nothing to worry about?
>
> My Netgear card did this.  To get it working, I restricted pccardd's
> choice of interrupts by entering just this in /etc/pccard.conf:
>
> irq 10
>
> Don't mess with /etc/defaults/pccard.conf.
>
> The interrupts available on your system may be different, of course.
> In my kernel config file is just "device ed" in the network adapter
> section.
>
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been Trying different values in
/etc/pccard.conf but any override to the IRQ has no effect. IRQ11
(assigned to the NIC) is also assigned to the video card on this thinkpad
- the box accepts input while 'frozen', but displays anything entered as
soon as the card is ejected.

Not sure how much I can change the IRQ settings on this thing. I may just
get a different NIC (an old pc-card modem I have works just fine).

Thanks - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg