Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2017 18:54:12 +0800
From:      Jov <zhao6014@gmail.com>
To:        Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS and ISCSI question

See the inline comment about path.

Jov

2017=E5=B9=B47=E6=9C=8830=E6=97=A5 2:59 AM=EF=BC=8C"Kaya Saman" <kayasaman@=
gmail.com>=E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how ZFS and ISCSI work together. So far I have
followed the guide in the handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-iscsi.html

Based on the guide what I have done is created 3 demo files using dd:

disk1, disk2, disk3

then created a zpool around them: zpool create iscsi-tst /data/disk1
/data/disk2 /data/disk3

and finally a ZVOL: zfs create -V iscsi-tst/tank

>From the guide a basic (for testing only) ctl.conf:

portal-group pg0 {
    discovery-auth-group no-authentication
    listen 0.0.0.0
    listen [::]
}

target iqn.2012-06.com.example:target0 {
    auth-group no-authentication
    portal-group pg0

    lun 0 {
        path iscsi-tst/tank

Does this path really exist? Mybe should be prefixed with /dev/zvol ?

        size 500M
    }
}

and then on the Initiator machine:

iscsictl -A -p <IP Address> -t iqn.2012-06.com.example:target0

I can confirm a connection:

# iscsictl -L
Target name                          Target portal    State
iqn.2012-06.com.example:target0      <IP Address> Connected: da24

But if we look at dmesg output it is saying the size cannot be queried?

da24 at iscsi4 bus 0 scbus9 target 0 lun 0
da24: <FREEBSD CTLDISK 0001> Fixed Direct Access SPC-4 SCSI device
da24: Serial Number MYSERIAL   0
da24: 150.000MB/s transfers
da24: Command Queueing enabled
da24: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Logical unit not
ready, manual

I am wondering what I have done wrong and additionally is it possible to
get the Initiator to see the zpool/ZVOL so that I can create a zfs dataset
on it?

Thanks.

Kaya