Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2022 03:15:26 +0100
From:      Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   stable/13: undefined symbol: dtrace_instr_size

Hija,

  when adding "device dtrace" to kernel conf, I get this:

linking kernel.full
ld: error: undefined symbol: dtrace_instr_size
>>> referenced by dtrace_subr.c:0 (/usr/src/sys/cddl/dev/dtrace/amd64/dtrac=
e_sub
r.c:0)
>>>               dtrace_subr.o:(dtrace_trap)
*** [kernel.full] Error code 1

When adding "device dtrace" AND "device dtraceall", it does
link, but then does panic on boot right after finding the CPUs.

Is this to be expected, or am I doing something wrong?

I didn't yet do a thorough analysis, currently just trying to bring
one of my beasties up to some 13.1-pre at all. But maybe somebody here
knows about the matter?

Full kernel config:
-------------------

#
# M6R13V1 - amd64 config f=FCr Cloud KVM

include         GENERIC

# System
ident           M6R13V1
machine         amd64

nodevice        cardbus                 # CardBus (32-bit) bus
nodevice        cbb                     # cardbus (yenta) bridge
nodevice        pccard                  # PC Card (16-bit) bus
nodevice        evdev                   # input event device support
nodevice        fdc
nodevice        hyperv                  # HyperV drivers
nodevice        nvd                     # expose NVMe namespaces as disks
nodevice        nvme                    # base NVMe driver
nodevice        ppi                     # Parallel port interface device
nodevice        psm                     # PS/2 mouse
nodevice        puc                     # Multi I/O cards and UARTs
nodevice        splash                  # Splash screen and screen saver
nodevice        uinput                  # install /dev/uinput cdev
nodevice        xenpci                  # Xen HVM Hypervisor services driver
nodevice        aac                     # Adaptec FSA RAID
nodevice        aacp                    # SCSI passthrough for aac (CAM)
nodevice        aacraid                 # Adaptec by PMC RAID
nodevice        ahc                     # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devic=
es
nodevice        amr                     # AMI MegaRAID
nodevice        arcmsr                  # Areca SATA II RAID
nodevice        ciss                    # Compaq Smart RAID 5*
nodevice        dpt                     # DPT Smartcache III, IV - See NOTES
nodevice        esp                     # AMD Am53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
nodevice        hpt27xx                 # Highpoint RocketRAID 27xx
nodevice        hptiop                  # Highpoint RocketRaid 3xxx series
nodevice        hptmv                   # Highpoint RocketRAID 182x
nodevice        hptnr                   # Highpoint DC7280, R750
nodevice        hptrr                   # Highpoint 17xx, 22xx, 23xx, 25xx
nodevice        ida                     # Compaq Smart RAID
nodevice        iir                     # Intel Integrated RAID
nodevice        ips                     # IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID
nodevice        isci                    # Intel C600 SAS controller
nodevice        mfi                     # LSI MegaRAID SAS
nodevice        mlx                     # Mylex DAC960 family
nodevice        mly                     # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
nodevice        mpr                     # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion 3
nodevice        mps                     # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion 2
nodevice        mrsas                   # LSI/Avago MegaRAID SAS/SATA
nodevice        mvs                     # Marvell SATA
nodevice        ocs_fc                  # Emulex FC adapters
nodevice        pmspcv                  # PMC-Sierra SAS/SATA Controlle
nodevice        siis                    # SiliconImage SiI3124/SiI3132/SiI3=
53
nodevice        smartpqi                # Microsemi smartpqi driver
nodevice        trm                     # Tekram DC395U/UW/F DC315U adapters
nodevice        twa                     # 3ware 9000 series PATA/SATA RAID
nodevice        twe                     # 3ware ATA RAID
nodevice        tws                     # LSI 3ware 9750 SATA+SAS 6Gb/s RAID

nodevice        ae                      # Attansic/Atheros L2 FastEthernet
nodevice        age                     # Attansic/Atheros L1 Gigabit Ether=
net
nodevice        ale                     # Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Ethe=
rnet
nodevice        an                      # Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless
nodevice        ath                     # Atheros NICs
nodevice        ath_hal                 # Atheros pci/cardbus glue
nodevice        ath_pci                 # pci/cardbus chip support
nodevice        ath_rate_sample         # SampleRate tx rate control for ath
nodevice        bce                     # Broadcom BCM5706/BCM5708 Gigabit
nodevice        bfe                     # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Ethernet
nodevice        bge                     # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        bxe                     # Broadcom BCM5771X/BCM578XX 10GbE
nodevice        cas                     # Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and NS DP830=
65
nodevice        dc                      # DEC/Intel 21143 and workalikes
nodevice        et                      # Agere ET1310 10/100/Gigabit Ether=
net
nodevice        gem                     # Sun GEM/Sun ERI/Apple GMAC
nodevice        hme                     # Sun HME (Happy Meal Ethernet)
nodevice        iavf                    # Intel Adaptive Virtual Function
nodevice        ice                     # Intel 800 Series Physical Function
nodevice        ipw                     # Intel 2100 wireless NICs
nodevice        iwi                     # Intel 2200BG/2225BG/2915ABG wirel=
ess
nodevice        iwn                     # Intel 4965/1000/5000/6000 wireless
nodevice        ix                      # Intel PRO/10GbE PCIE PF Ethernet
nodevice        ixl                     # Intel 700 Series Physical Function
nodevice        ixv                     # Intel PRO/10GbE PCIE VF Ethernet
nodevice        jme                     # JMicron JMC250 Gigabit/JMC260
nodevice        le                      # AMD Am7900 LANCE and Am79C9xx PCn=
et
nodevice        lge                     # Level 1 LXT1001 gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        malo                    # Marvell Libertas wireless NICs.
nodevice        msk                     # Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigab=
it
nodevice        mwl                     # Marvell 88W8363 802.11n wireless
nodevice        nfe                     # nVidia nForce MCP on-board Ethern=
et
nodevice        nge                     # NatSemi DP83820 gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        pcn                     # AMD Am79C97x PCI 10/100
nodevice        ral                     # Ralink Technology RT2500 wireless=
=20
nodevice        sf                      # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
nodevice        sge                     # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS190=
/191
nodevice        sis                     # Silicon Integr. Sys. SiS 900/SiS =
7016
nodevice        sk                      # SysKonnect SK-984x & SK-982x giga=
bit
nodevice        ste                     # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
nodevice        stge                    # Sundance/Tamarack TC9021 gigabit
nodevice        ti                      # Alteon Networks Tigon I/II gigabit
nodevice        tl                      # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
nodevice        tx                      # SMC EtherPower II (83c170 ``EPIC'=
')
nodevice        txp                     # 3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'')
nodevice        vge                     # VIA VT612x gigabit Ethernet
nodevice        vmx                     # VMware VMXNET3 Ethernet
nodevice        vr                      # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
nodevice        vx                      # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')
nodevice        wb                      # Winbond W89C840F
nodevice        wi                      # WaveLAN/Intersil/Symbol 802.11
nodevice        wpi                     # Intel 3945ABG wireless NICs

nodevice        snd_cmi                 # CMedia CMI8338/CMI8738
nodevice        snd_csa                 # Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/428x
nodevice        snd_emu10kx             # Creative SoundBlaster Live!
nodevice        snd_es137x              # Ensoniq AudioPCI ES137x
nodevice        snd_ich                 # Intel, NVidia and other ICH AC'97
nodevice        snd_via8233             # VIA VT8233x Audio

nooptions       AH_AR5416_INTERRUPT_MITIGATION # AR5416 interrupt mitigation
nooptions       AH_SUPPORT_AR5416       # enable AR5416 tx/rx descriptors
nooptions       ATH_ENABLE_11N          # Enable 802.11n support for AR5416
nooptions       AUDIT                   # Security event auditing
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD10
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD4
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD5
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD6
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD7
nooptions       COMPAT_FREEBSD9
nooptions       EVDEV_SUPPORT           # evdev support in legacy drivers
nooptions       GEOM_RAID               # Soft RAID functionality
nooptions       IEEE80211_AMPDU_AGE     # age frames in AMPDU reorder q's
nooptions       IEEE80211_DEBUG         # enable debug msgs
nooptions       IEEE80211_SUPPORT_MESH  # enable 802.11s draft support
nooptions       IPSEC_SUPPORT           # Allow kldload of ipsec and tcpmd5
nooptions       MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
nooptions       NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCL
nooptions       PCI_HP                  # PCI-Express native HotPlug
nooptions       PCI_IOV                 # PCI SR-IOV support
nooptions       QUOTA                   # Enable disk quotas for UFS
nooptions       RACCT_DEFAULT_TO_DISABLED # Set kern.racct.enable=3D0 by de=
fault
nooptions       SC_PIXEL_MODE           # add support for the raster text m=
ode
nooptions       UFS_GJOURNAL            # Enable gjournal-based UFS journal=
ing
nooptions       XENHVM                  # Xen HVM kernel infrastructure

device          aesni                   # AES-NI OpenCrypto module
device          pty                     # BSD-style compatibility pseudo tt=
ys

# Uraltes Zeug, was die KVM offenbar emuliert:
device          smbus
device          intpm
# Irgendein Windows touch/tablet device das die KVM offenbar emuliert:
device          evdev
device          uhid
device          wmt

# Dtrace im Kernel
## stable/13 @ 10.2.2022 dtraceall crash beim boot, nur dtrace linkt nicht
#device         dtrace
#device         dtraceall
# TCP congestion control im Kernel (khelp/h_ertt), braucht patch conf/files
#device          concon

options HZ=3D1000

options NETGRAPH
options NETGRAPH_DEVICE
options NETGRAPH_EIFACE
options NETGRAPH_ETHER
options NETGRAPH_SOCKET

options ZFS

options DDB                             # Enable the ddb debugger backend
options DUMMYNET                        # ipfw bandwidth limiter (pipe/queu=
e)
options GEOM_PART_GPT                   # GPT partitioning
options IPDIVERT                        # ipfw divert sockets (nat)
options IPFIREWALL                      # ipfw
options IPFIREWALL_NAT                  # in-kernel NAT
options IPFIREWALL_NPTV6
options KDB_UNATTENDED                  # Don't enter the debugger for a pa=
nic
options LIBALIAS                        # prereq f. IPFIREWALL_NAT
options MAC_NTPD                        # ntpd als unpriv. user
options NULLFS                          # NULL filesystem