Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:25:23 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, sales@omt.com
Subject:   Re: Regard to phone call about FreeBSD drivers

>From The Desk Of Luigi Rizzo :
> make it $20-$40 for a soundcard. The OPTI931 has a street price of $20
> here in italy, and CS4236 (assuming you can find them) are little more
> expensive. For conferencing purposes they are both more than ok
> (Crystal much better since it is better documented and less buggy...)

Well, it depends the clock they use and the quality of the analog
parts. Conferencing is one thing however I think that you may
want to use the soundcard for other things like playing back
audio mpeg files. By far most PC soundcards fall short on
the clock part . Interestingly, the old sparcs used to have a
a cs4231 and the accuracy of their dsp subsystem has always
been better than your typical PC soundcard -- the primary difference
from an accuracy stand point of view is just the clock part.

	Regards,
	Amancio