Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:44:16 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New jail(8) committed

On 27. Apr 2012, at 14:33 , Christer Solskogen wrote:

> On 26/4/2012 10:07 PM, Jamie Gritton wrote:
>=20
>> There's still more that I want to do with this, but it's time it was
>> part of current.
>>=20
>=20
> I've got an idea that you might find useful for future versions of =
jail. I have created a wrapper script for my own use where I instead of =
creating a jail with buildworld/installworld, I rather nullmount /bin, =
/lib, etc. to a jailroot, and run mergemaster on that jailroot. This =
makes the jail very small (3MB IIRC) and it makes upgrades of the jails =
very easy.

Yeah, there's other doing this;  ezjail is close to this as well.

But please not that management (configuring, starting, stopping) and =
provisioning can easily be separated and the latter has nothing to do =
with the former in first place.  I hope that ezjail will pick up =
supporting the new config stuff and use that while still providing its =
own provisioning.

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!