Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 15:25:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ecl6ql@sun.leeds.ac.uk (Q Li)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem running tcpdump

This would rather belong to questions@freebsd.org.

> Just try to run tcpdump a newly installed freebsd machine
> (2.0.5-950622-snap) and I got
>
> tcpdump: /dev/bpf0: Device not configured

Look into the LINT file for how to configure the bpf devices.  You
need to build a custom kernel, they are not included in the GENERIC
kernel.  Refer to the FAQ (sect 6) on how to do that.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/