Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:16:38 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
Cc:        questions-list freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: disk with high frequency noise only on FreeBSD

if it's the same high-frequency noise like an alarm, like a trouble
indicator..  I had a SCSI that would scream for a few minutes every
hour a long time ago.

Later I kept up reading and it seemed to indicate an overheating
sensor and the alarm trips.

is there adequate cooling for that drive, both over and under it?