Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 15:29:10 -0500
From:      Troy <sindrome@sindrome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot manager calls Windows DOS

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Shill wrote:
>
> > I use FreeBSD's boot manager to boot either FreeBSD or Windows 98. When
> > my computer boots, I get a choice of:
> >
> > F1 DOS
> > F2 FreeBSD
> >
> > I've looked for configuration files inside /boot and perused the manual
> > pages for boot0cfg(8) and libdisk(3).

You don't want to try hacking the boot0cfg file.  I did this once and
followed very accurate instructions and got
into a bit of trouble.  Best bet is to use GRUB.  It's by far the best
boot manager.  If you ever install win2k or XP you will notice that the
default boot manager for FreeBSD will see these OS's as ???.
Install/configure GRUB and you'll be much happier.

-Troy