Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:13:39 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freeze after APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

On 2003.03.05 20:52:21 +0100, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Our newly bought Fujitsu-Siemens F250 boots with the GENERIC kernel, but
> with a recent, SMP-capable CURRENT it freezes after the following line:
> APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
I had the same problem with a FSC P250 (same motherboard) using 4.7-REL.
It works in SMP mode with a recent 4-STABLE (after MFC of HTT). It
appears to only work if HyperThreading is enabled.

John Baldwin commited changes to -CURRENT a few days ago to disable HTT
unless it is explicitly enabled in the kernel config file. That could be
the problem.

I'm currently trying to get it to work without HTT enabled but so far
not succeeding.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a