Date:      20 Jan 1999 14:49:23 -0200
From:      Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn>
Cc:        "John R. Jackson" <jrj@gandalf.cc.purdue.edu>, "amanda-users@amanda.org" <amanda-users@amanda.org>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Amanda Experts: amrecover doesn't work?

On Jan 20, 1999, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn> wrote:

> I cd to /tmp but there is no amverify.1259/defects file there.

It doesn't appear to have found any defects.

> The only weird thing I found here is that mail.netsys.hn is the Amanda
> server and from which I want to recover a file. Why is amverify telling me
> that it checked internet.netsys.hn which is only an Amanda client?

It tried to read all tape sections, but due to some tape error it
couldn't notice it was supposed to find more sections in the tape.  It
only found the section corresponding to a backup from the client.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}