Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:57:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jacques Hugo <jacques@linkage.ctech.ac.za>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from first hdd

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, Jacques Hugo wrote:

> I've installed 2.2.5 on my box this morning.
> I've got 2 SCSI hardrives in there.  After doing
> the slicing, the whole installation went well,
> but ....  when the system boots, I get options
>
> ---------------------
> F1 ... BSD
> F5 ... disk2
>
> F?:
>
> The first disk I toggled bootable, and installed
> the strap.  The second disk I left as is.  Whenever
> I type in F1 to boot from the first disk, nothing
> happens and the boot options are echo'd again.

If you're not planning on putting any bootable OSs on the second disk,
then use a DOS boot floppy and run FDISK /MBR to remove the Boot Manager.

Fixing this involves reinstalling.  Your geometry was mis-detected by the
installation program and while this won't impact system operation it will
mess up booteasy.