Date:      Wed, 22 May 2002 03:39:47 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Ivailo Tanusheff" <I.Tanusheff@procreditbank.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interface statistic

MTRG in conjunction with snmpd. It will gather the data you require.  =
Also,
you can safely run SNMPD as a non root user for this purpose and I =
strongly
advise that.  Both programs are in the ports tree.

	---Mike

On Tue, 21 May 2002 14:58:22 +0300, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you =
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you tell me a way to collect per network interface statistic on my
>FreeBSD box?
>At this moment I'm using IPFilter accounting to collect needed
>information, but I think this way I'm collecting only information
>related to tcp, udp and icmp traffic. My purpose is to visualize this
>data in MRTG.
>
>Thank you in advantage,
>
>Ivailo Tanusheff
>System Administrator and Security Advisor
>ProCredit Bank

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)