Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:14:46 -0800
From:      berg@platsol.com (Michael Bergknoff)
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, pantzer@ludd.luth.se
Subject:   Re: Security exception

>I do hope that you know that a applet can connect only to the host that it was
>loaded from. To me it looks like the applet viewer is doing it's job.

I thought that if the applet was loaded from the local file system
it might be different or that there may be configuration options
available to control the security manager.

>Did you use the same version of the appletviewer on all platforms?

I was wrong about it running on Solaris. It gets an exception there also.
I have seen it work okay on Windows NT using the appletviewer from
Symantec Visual Cafe. I have also seen it work okay loaded from
Netscape (from a local file) using Suns activator product, also on NT.

Thanks,
Mike