Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 10:07:55 +0100
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   APIC_IO fails with Tyan tomcat II board

Hi !

I have a tyan tomcat II with 2 x 133 MHz CPU's, 512k burst cache
and 64 MB RAM. The SMP kernel runs fine, when I'm only defining

options SMP
options NCPU=2

If I'n enabling the option APIC_IO, then the machine boots until
the login prompt. Shortly before it starts up the 2nd CPU, but
after that hangs.

The keaboard is dead. An rlogin to it worked, I got an login
prompt, could login and send one command, after that the session
was frozen and I wasn't able to start another remote login.

Are you interested in more infos on this ? Or is this currently
expected ?

BTW, I updated my CVS repository yesterday, build a fresh current
and used the newest smp stuff for the kernel.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de