Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 1998 00:04:09 -0700
From:      service <service@casecom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pentium II and large RAM support?

Hi,

I have installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on my Pentium II with 128MB memory.
But after the FreeBSD boot up, the system detect my PC as

Pentium Pro and 66MB memory.

The following is the portion of 'dmesg'
>FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE #0: Tue May 20 10:45:24 GMT 1997
>    jkh@time.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
>CPU: Pentium Pro (233.86-MHz 686-class CPU)
>real memory  = 68091904 (66496K bytes)
>avail memory = 63389696 (61904K bytes)

I don't much care about the CPU but the memory only get detected half of
the size. Is this really the limit of FreeBSD? Or is there a new
released version that I need to obtain to get large memory support?

Your help or any response will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

-eric chen