Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 20:51:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        benh@jpj.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster problems (DMA?)

On  8 Jul, Ben Hockenhull wrote:

>>You might want to get the latest sound drivers from the web page and
>>install them and re-build your kernel according to the instructions
>>included with the drivers.
>
> I feel rather dense asking this, but what sound drivers on the web page?
> I've searched both www.freebsd.org and ftp.freebsd.org and nothing has
> presented itself as a likely suspect.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben
>

> --
> Ben Hockenhull
> benh@jpj.net
> "Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins."

Ben,

I thought that there was a link on the FreeBSD web page to the site
where the sound drivers are located.  After a thorough search, I
discovered that I was wrong.

Here is the URL for the stuff you need. www.inet.unipi.it/~luigi

Look under FreeBSD related work.  There is a section on drivers and
utils.  Also some PnP info that may be useful.

If you need more help, let me and the list know.

Regards,
Frank