Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2017 09:07:39 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Andrew Johnson <daeron@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports ML <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Audacity program appears to be dead

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Andrew Johnson <daeron@optushome.com.au>
wrote:

> It builds nicely but Audacity has ceased working and produces the
> following message:
>
> % audacity
> Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
> detected.
> The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
> containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8),
> and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1009,wx
> containers,compatible with 2.6,compatible with 2.8).
> Abort (core dumped)
>

> == It is possible that this began with my first update that included an
> edit in audacity/Makefile that was done back on 1/April.
>
> There's been a couple more updates in audacity during the past week but
> the program continues to die with the same Fatal Error message.
>
> FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE Sun Jun  4 18:11:09 2017
> GENERIC  amd64

I see the same error. I have nor run it is a while, so I have no idea when
it started.

Have you notified the maintainer? That and opening a  bug report should be
your first actions. You can find the maintainer (if any) by running "make
maintainer" in the port's directory. In this case the maintainer is
xxjack12xx@gmail.com. A bug report can be filed at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com