Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 17:45:20 +0800 (HKT)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: Dual Log Stats - 1997/06/26 (wcarchive.cdrom.com)

David Greenman writes:
>> Bytes transferred : 185,490,560,785

Nice

Out of interest, what's the uptime like?  How often does the system go
down, for what reasons, and for how long?

This isn't just idle interest.  Tandem, who are still in the UNIX
business, claim that their Integrity machines are ideal for this sort
of thing.  I haven't seen anything like this performance, but I was
wondering what the up time was like.  FWIW, the last figures I recall
from Tandem were something like 99.99% uptime, which translates to
about 53 minutes a year.  I'd be interested to see how much worse (if
at all) wcarchive is.

Greg