Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 10:43:26 -0400
From:      "Mark Jones" <mjones@real.on.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPD server

I am trying to put together a dialup server Using FreeBSD 3.4 with Pppd
2.3.4 and Mgetty.

I have the options files set for proxyarp.

When I call in mgetty answers and starts pppd through the autoppp feature, i
can authenticate through pap, It assigns the ip address to my win 98 machine
as well as dns servers.

I can ping the win98 machine and the win98 machine can ping the server but
it does not extend beyond that.

The proyarp entry is there when i do an arp -a.

Is there a kernel option I need to compile?
I seem to remeber that on the older BSDI systems there was an option that
had to be compiled in to forward the packets through.

I think It might be the Mroute option but am not sure.

Any help would be appreciatted. If you need more info just let me know.

Mark