Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:31:38 -0500
From:      Dave Ason <dgason@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help: installing StarOffice?

Hi there,

	I am trying to get StarOffice 5 for Linux to work on my FreeBSD
3.0-RELEASE system.

	I'm pretty sure that my Linux emulation is in working order: I can get
Acrobat3 for Linux to run on my system.

	I have read and followed the directions for the installation
that comes with the StarOffice tar file. However, when I attempt to run the
"setup" script for StarOffice, I get the dreaded segmentation fault (core
dumped) message.
	I have even tried to manually install the glibc Linux libs that come
with StarOffice but this doesn't seem to help.

	I am trying to run the setup script by just going to a $ prompt and
typing:
	$ ./setup

	Am I doing something wrong? What are the steps I need to go thru to
install and run StarOffice?

	Thanks in advance,
	Dave