Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:49:02 +0100
From:      "Petr Holub" <hopet@ics.muni.cz>
To:        "Andy Sparrow" <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ASUS T9400 status

> Ummm. Re: APM not working - try running 'apmd'.
> I think that without it, there's nothing to handle the resume event from the
> BIOS. The suspend event not getting hooked doesn't prevent the OS handing off
> to the BIOS, but I think that the OS needs to hook the resume to work. Without
> 'apmd', there's nothing to handle it.

No, it's not working. The only thing that works is 'halt -p'. I'm afraid there's
no other way than to wait for 5.0 version containing ACPI interface. But
I'm not able to prove it since this machine is a very production one.

Ragards,

Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 2                             Institute of Compt. Science
10200 Praha, CZ                               Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub@cesnet.cz              phone: +420-5-41512278
                                       e-mail: hopet@ics.muni.cz