Date:      Thu, 08 May 1997 08:17:39 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a new ports categorie for kdm ?

Satoshi Asami writes:
> * Since there are some (many) application under this "label",
> * would you agree, to create a new categorie especially for these
> * kdm tools ?
>
>I took a look at www.kde.org, it seems more like a collection of X
>applications.  They don't seem to be tied together too closely, for
>instance, I can just install kwm and use it, right?

Yea, I took a look at this last week, but it looked pretty buggy
from here.  I thought about the kde/ category, but The thing is
really three distributions.
1 -- kde-support libraries, libjpeg, and libgif.  we already have
     libjpeg, I made a port of the original libgif that I can commit.
     this one won't be necessary.

2 -- kde-libraries -- just a set of libraries for the clients.

3 -- All the clients bundled up as one package.

So I started on three ports, graphics/libgif, x11/kde-libs x11/kde-clients.

`pkg_add kde-clients' will sort it all out via the dependancies.
Unfortunately, I won't have time to work on it anymore for a couple
weeks, if anyone is interested in picking it up, let me know...
(I think graphics/libgif is ready for commit. kde-libs is packaged, but
 may have bugs)

>Satoshi

eric.
--