Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 21:27:53 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        core@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current SMP status inquiry

As Steve Passe wrote:

> My somewhat incomplete understanding of the status:
>
> mergs of SMP with 3.0 is waiting for the merge of lite-2 into current.

Ah, ok.

> SMP itself is fairly stable, runs on most MP machines it has been tried
> on, and is considered ALPHA level.  It is capable of running "make world"
> on current without problem.

That's great.  Is it possible to get a diff against some version of
-current that i could put up on that CD-ROM?  I'm planning an either
2.2-POST-BETA or 3.0-current SNAPshot on that CD, but would provide
the SMP diffs for the curious.  Are they kernel only, or is the
userland code also affected?

Any ``authoritative'' note about the status of the SMP work (known
bugs, next steps) would also be appreciated, something i could leave
on the CD as a README.SMP, for example.

--
cheers, J"org