Date:      	Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:41:20 -0800
From:      "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: "Text file busy" with program not running anymore?

David Greenman sez:
> Actually, now that I think about
> it, the thing to do is to shut off the VTEXT flag when the object reference
> count goes to 0...I thought we already did that...but we don't. This should
> completely solve the problem. I'll add it to my whiteboard.

I realize I'm coming late to the table with this (I've been on vacation) but
I should point out that this persistant caching was a deliberate choice on
the part of the Berkeley design team.  The notion was that it would
greatly speed up the execution of common, short-lived binaries if their
texts were gradually cached by the system.

Mike O'Brien