Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 12:55:40 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and the PentiumII processor

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > What's the status on compatibility between the two?  If I want to get
> > a dual PII 400 system, as an example, will FreeBSD support it fully?
> > What would potential problems be?
>
> 1. They work just great.
> 2. If you're willing to ride out on the bleeding edge with a 3.0 SNAP,
>    dual will work fine also (otherwise just get a single CPU for now
>    and wait until October).
>
> - Jordan

Thanks for all your replies.  I wasn't expecting on setting it up before
the next full release anyways (as Alex pointed out, it's going to be
fully implemented by October in the -stable).  I've checked on many
pages on the FreeBSD site and had found nothing, so I didn't want to
take the chance...

Thanks again!

Emmanuel Gravel
egravel@elr346.ateng.az.honeywell.com