Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:12:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound.....again! (yamaha OPL3)

Over the last couple of days there has been a thread about the yamaha
OPL-SA sound card.  I've followed the thread closely as I have a Yamaha
OPL3-SA3 sound board.

Now, I followed the various hints to the T, and I'm still unable to get it
to work.  Here is the stuff that I have so far theat seems the most
promising:

In my kernel config:
controller      pnp0
device pcm0     at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

w/ that in there the dmesg shows:
Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: YMH0800 [0x0008a865] Serial 0xffffffff
Probing for devices on the ISA bus:
sc0 at 0x60-0x6f irq 1 on motherboard
sc0: VGA color <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x0>
pcm0 not found at 0xffffffff

Notice how it says it's not found...but I wonder why....what can I do do
make it found?

I'll send the pnpinfo to anyone who wants it.

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.6.

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreaciated.

TIA,
Chris