Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:36:17 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        spray40@epix.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: re FREE?

On Wednesday,  8 July 1998 at 17:58:38 -0700, spray40@epix.net wrote:
> A "registration" fee or what ever you wish to call it, one in the amount
> of forty dollars is NOT free.

Correct, as far as it goes.  But FreeBSD registration costs nothing.
You're just plain mistaken.

> What you are engaged in is FALSE ADVERTISING;

We're involved in the distribution and support of free software.

> individuals AND organizations have been and will be prosecuted for
> such offenses.

The only offence I see here is yours.  You're making false claims that
you have to pay to register FreeBSD.  This, too, is punishable.  But I
suspect you're just completely confused.  Check out
http://www.freebsd.org/register.html and tell me what part of it you
don't understand.

Greg