Date:      Sun, 8 May 2011 22:44:42 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@kovesdan.org>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>, hackers@freebsd.org, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Replacing our regex implementation

On May 8, 2011, at 5:29 PM, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> 2, Optimizations for matching with a fixed pattern heuristic
> ... First, I was thinking of putting it into TRE but now I consider a =
better solution building a small library, libregexutils or such. It =
would decouple this optimization from the vendor code, ...

Have you asked the TRE maintainers if they would accept this change?

If they would, then getting this change into TRE would benefit a lot =
more people than just FreeBSD's libc.

(BTW, I agree that C++ in libc is a bad idea.)

Tim