Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2012 12:50:16 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@freebsd.org>
To:        Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

On 2 Jun 2012, at 12:19, Erich wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> On 02 June 2012 PM 12:04:26 David Chisnall wrote:
>> On 2 Jun 2012, at 12:01, Erich wrote:
>>=20
>>> I would even accept to get the 'release' ports tree without security =
fixes just to have a system which is up and running fast after I tried =
an upgrade like what is happening at the moment with PNG dependent =
ports.
>>=20
>> You have this already.  Just install the ports tree snapshot from the =
release...
>=20
> I know. I just what I would like to get is a direct method also people =
who are just basic users can use it without many problems.

Run sysinstall, point it at the release CD / DVD, say 'install ports =
tree'...

Encouraging basic users to run insecure versions of applications, =
however, is something that I would strongly object to.

David=