Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Quality Control (lack of:)

> > http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/Sep2000/20-e2919.html
>
> Can you read that?  I get a thin blue bar on the left of the screen,
> then a text par about a third of the width, with the text overlapping
> the blue bar.

It looks okay to me (bsdi-netscape-navigator-4.75, no images nor
Javascript, and "always use my colors, overriding document" not checked
(it's buggy)).  I tried loading a couple of images and there was indeed a
thin, blue bar toward the bottom.

> There's obviously something missing too:
>

>           Davis doesn't know Gates, the chairman of
>           Microsoft Corp., but she and her husband
>           gave his company their checking account
>           number while purchasing a computer in
>           March. The Huntsville cou"Don't do any
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>           automatic withdrawals out of your checking
>           account with a debit card." Ken Davis of
>           Huntsville, the victim of a Microsoft billing
>           error ple received a $400 rebate on their
            ^^^^^^

Elide the part I've underlined (with "he said" it becomes the penultimate
paragraph), and the word "couple" will appear.  The remainder makes sense
to me.

--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt